Read our latest news updates and press releases here. For more information, members of the media can contact Jaime Alfaro, Director of Marketing Communications, firstname.lastname@example.org.
See the most up-to-date information below from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) in regards to the Coronavirus (COVID-19).
If you have any questions regarding your Member Benefits, please contact our Member Engagement team at the appropriate number listed below Monday-Friday from 8 am-8 pm; Saturday 9 am-1 pm:
Group Members – 1-800-882-8633 (TTY 711)
Medicare Members – 1-800-782-8633 (TTY 711)
Individual Health Members – 1-800-477-8768 (TTY 711)
List of Current Press Releases
- Camillus House Welcomes Donation of New Outdoor Fitness Equipment from AvMed
Miami, FL – March 24, 2021 – AvMed recently donated state-of-the-art exercise equipment to Camillus House’s first-ever outdoor fitness zone for clients receiving housing and supportive services at its main campus located at 1603 NW 7th Avenue in Miami.
- AvMed Continues to Extend COVID-19 Benefits and Coverage for Members Into 2021
Miami, FL – March 10, 2021 – AvMed continues to increase access to care and removing potential cost barriers for its members by extending COVID-19 benefits and coverage, beyond testing and medication requirements, into 2021.
- AvMed Appoints Dr. Robert Hilliard as Chief Medical Officer
- Miami, FL – February 16, 2021 – AvMed announces the selection of Robert Hilliard, Jr., M.D. as senior vice president of population health and chief medical officer, who will be responsible for the achievement of AvMed’s population health strategy.
- AvMed Extends COVID-19 Benefits and Coverage for Members Into Early 2021
Miami, FL – January 5, 2021 – AvMed is taking proactive action in response to the COVID-19 pandemic and extending COVID-19 benefits and coverage, beyond testing and medication requirements, into early 2021.
- AvMed Extends COVID-19 Benefits and Coverage for Members Until the End of the Year
Miami, FL – September 22, 2020 – AvMed is taking proactive action in response to the COVID-19 pandemic and extending COVID-19 benefits and coverage, beyond testing and medication requirements, until the end of the year.
- AvMed Renews Partnership With Memorial Healthcare System
Miami, FL – September 15, 2020 – Multiyear agreement provides community with high quality, affordable healthcare through a broad network of providers, clinics, outpatient centers and hospitals throughout Broward county.
- AvMed Provides Members with Another Extension of COVID-19 Benefits and Coverage
Miami, FL – July 13, 2020 – AvMed is taking proactive action in response to the COVID-19 pandemic and extending COVID-19 benefits and coverage, beyond testing and medication requirements.
- AvMed Presents LIVE! from the Broward Center of the Performing Arts
Miami, FL – June 18, 2020 – AvMed is doing its part to help the community stay connected and engaged while social distancing due to COVID-19 by launching AvMed Presents LIVE! from the Broward Center for the Performing Arts.
- AvMed Takes Proactive Action in Response to COVID-19
Miami, FL – May 21, 2020 – AvMed is taking proactive action in response to the COVID-19 pandemic by continuing to increase access to care and removing potential cost barriers for its Members.
- AvMed Expands Access to Care for COVID-19
Miami, FL – April 6, 2020 – AvMed is providing healthcare services and resources to its Members to help address the spread and impact of the coronavirus (COVID-19).
- AvMed Honored by State Senator Annette Taddeo with Business of the Month Award
Miami, FL – December 19, 2019 – AvMed, one of Florida’s oldest and largest not-for-profit health plans, celebrates its 50th anniversary year with a Business of the Month award by State Senator Annette Taddeo.
- AvMed Ranked Highest in Member Satisfaction Study in Florida for Eighth Year in a Row
Miami, FL – May 9, 2019 – For the eighth consecutive year an independent study released by J.D. Power ranks AvMed "highest in Member satisfaction" among commercial health plans in Florida.
- AvMed Welcomes Esteemed Healthcare Executives to Executive Leadership Team
Miami, FL – April 29, 2019 – Miami-based AvMed, today announced two healthcare executives have joined the executive leadership team in support of the company's strategy to deliver best-in-class service to their Members.
- SantaFe HealthCare Announces Lawrence Schreiber as President and CEO
Miami, FL – April 15, 2019 – SantaFe HealthCare today announced Lawrence (Larry) Schreiber, an accomplished healthcare executive with over 30 years of experience, has been named president and CEO.
- Colonial Drive Park fitness court made possible by AvMed Outdoors program
Miami, FL – February 25, 2019 – Colonial Drive Park has installed a new fitness court, a one-stop-spot where people can get an exhilarating gym-style workout while getting a dose of nature-therapy, all at no cost.
- AvMed Shines in Member Satisfaction Study for Seventh Year in a Row
Miami, FL – May 10, 2018 – An independent study released by J.D. Power this week ranks AvMed “highest in Member satisfaction” among commercial health plans in Florida.
- March Is National Colorectal Cancer Awareness Month
Miami, FL – March 28, 2018 – The colorectal cancer rate has been going down the past two decades and AvMed, along with the American Cancer Society is working to bring awareness to this disease.
- AvMed Renews Support for Annual Healthcare & Senior Services Conference to benefit the Alliance for Aging of Miami-Dade and Monroe Counties
Miami, FL – February 14, 2018 – AvMed, along with other major health plans and senior service providers, will gather at Jungle Island for the Alliance for Aging of Miami-Dade and Monroe Counties’ annual Healthcare and Senior Services Conference, featuring professional networking opportunities and breakouts on the topics of Elder Abuse and Ethics; Accessing Community Resources; and Technology and the Aging Population.